Sunday, August 3, 2008

No more baby girl

Today is the end of things as I know it...tomorrow Victoria starts kindergarten. I know!! It seems like just yesterday she was my baby girl. Things are already changing. I have spent the last three days looking for Crayola no clog tip glue. After 4 stores and recruiting my friend to check out Staples on his way to get some groceries, I emailed her teacher asking where to get this glue and why is it so special. Turns out she has only ever found it at a place called Teaching Tools and it is the special bottle that makes the difference. Well I have never heard of Teaching Tools and I can assure you there isn't one in Laveen. I will be buying good ol' fashion elmers and she can put it in the special bottle.
I then spent this morning reading through all the info they gave us on Thursday at Meet The Teacher Night. I need to start by saying this was more of an ordeal than I could have ever imagined. After 2 1/2 hours, all three of us sweaty and hungry, a bad parent id (yes now the parents have to have ids t00), and a new found love for Victoria (please refer to my earlier post about all the terrible kids on the airplane. Apparently they are everywhere...) we had met Victoria's teacher and were given a packet of info that was going to provide us everything we needed to send her off to kindergarten. I have to say I was amazed, and teary eyed, when reading through all this info. We opted to enroll Victoria in a school by my office that has "open borders". It is much better than the school district we live in and they have an award winning kids club which is important to the working mom.

Okay...off to buy the elmers glue before V loses interest in shopping...more of this to come...

No comments: