Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ding..Ding...Round 1


Victoria and I went to blows on Thursday. I mean it was an all out war. It started when I went to get her from kids club. When we saw me she rolled her eyes as if to say...uh, my mom is here, great...yeah I know. She had a stuffed annimal that was not hers. It turns out it is her friends. Victoria wanted to bring it home with her and that is when it really started. She wouldn't give it back and then threw it across the floor. I handed it back to her friend and picked up Victoria. She filled out because she didn't want to be picked up. There was crying, screaming, snot...oh man it was bad. And then all hell broke loose. As we were driving down the raod she unbuckled her seatbelt. I lost it...I will accept (to a point) her throwing herself like a maniac but under no circumstances will I accept her undoing her seatbelt. That is so dangerous. So I immediately pulled over. She knew she had gone to far and her whole attitude changed. Suddenly she was sorry and she loved me (oh, I forgot to mention at the ripe old age of 4 she told me she hated me and I was a terrible mother. I can't wait for the teenage years...). I was so mad I was shaking. I told her if she ever did that again I would drive her straight to the police station. Yes that is right, I am not above parenting by fear.

That was the first of I am sure many, many fights. Oh the joys...

No comments: