Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Victoria!

Yesterday was Victoria's birthday. She is now officially 5. She has been unofficially 5 for about a month now. See when we were in Seattle at the beginning of July we had a little party because my niece, Madeline, birthday is Aug 10th. Since we were together we thought it would be nice to have a little party. Victoria didn't quite get that concept and was convinced she had her birthday in Seattle and was already 5. On Monday night I was telling her I was going to pick her up early because it was her birthday the next day (she was born at 3:20 pm and every year I have been with her). Well, as soon as I said it was her birthday she started going on about how she is going to be 6. Yeah, apparently 5 is a short one month of her life. Thirty minutes later and lots of explaining she finally agreed (more like gave in) to the fact she was still going to be 5.
I will say her birthday is always emotional for me. I remember back to when she was born and all the craziness that happened. For those of you that do not know the story the short version is I got meningitis from the epideral and spent the first two weeks of her life in the hospital. What was supposed to be the happiest time of my life was probably the worst. It was very tramatic for everyone. But I will say 5 years later I wouldn't change anything (well...maybe I would ask me again at age 6). What happened really shaped us as a family. Poor Eddie was forced to take care of this new life with his wife in the hospital with something that could be deadly. Eddie and Victoria really needed each other to make it through. They will always have that special bond.
I love Victoria with all my heart...Happy Birthday my Babaganoush!

No comments: