Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Constitution

Today is National Constitution Day so in honor of this V school had an assembly this morning. Parents were invited to stay. Let me start by saying it was held outside and although it is Sept 17th it is still 88 or 89 degrees at 8 am. All the students sit together and the parents stood on the side. So I am standing there watching Victoria, oh and I left my sunglasses in the car so I am squinting. The boy scouts and girls scouts walk in carrying the flag and the 2nd graders are singing about the Preamble and I start to think about how my baby girl is at her first school assembly. I can not even beleive it, she is getting so big. And I start to cry!! Yes, I am standing there sweating and crying. And I am not talking a little bit, there are tears streaming down my cheeks. I am sure these parents were wondering why I was so emotional over the Constitution.

No comments: