Monday, May 12, 2008

Jake

Let me take a minute to introduce you all to Jake. Jake is Victoria's "friend". Let's just say I called her doctor when she started talking to Jake and he said it was fine and showed creativity. If he only knew...Jake has recently left because he was very naughty and she now has some new friends (to be introduced later) but Jake will be in our hearts and of course stories forever.

The first story i really remember about Jake takes place one night when she was about 2 1/2. Eddie does nights and he was putting her to bed. I was in the living room and all of a sudden I heard her yelling. I immediately thought it was completely inappropriate for her to be talking to Eddie that way and I got up to go see what was going on. I had no idea what I was walking into...There was Victoria jumping around her bed, obviusly in the middle of a fist fight with someone. I asked what was going on and Eddie said Jake had said a grown up word (that is what we call swear words because it is okay for grown ups to say them, just not kids). Victoria yelled at Jake for saying it (apparently the yelling I had heard) and they were now in a heated fight. Oh don't worry it gets better. Not only was Victoria throwing punches at her imaginary friend but on a couple of occasions she even took some punches! Yes that is right, she was taking punches from her imaginary friend. I had to walk away I was laughing so hard.

No comments: