Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Walk









Halloween Week 2008 has been a very busy week!! Like every other week V has dance on Monday and Gymnastics on Wednesday. On Thursday at school she was carving pumpkins for the Pumpkin Walk Thursday night. On Halloween they had a spider party at school and then trick or treating...breathe, breathe.



I was going to help out at school for the pumpkin carving. We had to bring a gutted pumpkin and carving tools. We also had to bring her costume for the Pumpkin Walk. Well...I forgot her costume. I felt TERRIBLE! I was sure I was going to lose my mother of the year award. We had to stay at the school until all the kids pumpkins were carved. I had to leave at 11:30 because I had a very important meeting at 12 (I was already missing a meeting with the president of the compnay so I had to be there at noon). I was hoping we would get done early and I could go buy a back up. Luck was on my side...9:15 we are done! I am on my way to get a costume...first place, no luck...very picked through. Second place, cute pirate costume...$16.99...no way. I go to the Halloween store with plans to just buy black ears and a tail for a black cat. She was wwearing black leggings. All I needed was a black shirt. I called the Dad of V friend that we were going trick or treating with to see if V could borrow a black shirt. He said they had tons of costumes and to not buy anything, thank goodness! And that was fine with her. She was very excited to wear one of her friends costumes.


No comments: