Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008


Well...it is the day after one of, if not the most historic election in history. We have a new President elect, Barack Obama. Victoria voted at school. I was interested to hear who she voted for because we are not a family that is very vocal about politics. Not that we don't care we just don't sit around and talk about it. So after she voted I asked her who she voted for, and her choice was Brock Obama (she says it so cute). When I asked her why she chose him she said and I quote...John McCain is bald and I don't like bald guys. So there you have it.

Eddie and I decided to wake up early and vote in the morning. We thought it would be good to bring V so she could experience it. We got there about 6:30 figuring that would be enough time to vote and get V to school by 7:45. I signed her in at 10:00. Yes that is right...we waited in line for about 3 hours! It was quite the experience...overall she was very patient and well behaved. Oh, except for the part where she insisted that Eddie and I tell her who we were voting for so she could write it down.

I don't know if she will remember this experience, but I hope she does...


No comments: