Thursday, April 9, 2009

When I grow up...

Lately Vi has been talking about when she grows up...here are a couple of funny stories...

A couple of weeks ago Vi asked if she had to have a kid when she grew up. I told her no, she can if she wants to but she doesn't have to. She said good because she doesn't want any kids. She went on to ask how you don't have kids (um...yeah...i'm not quite ready for the sex talk)...since I am so quick on my toes I said you can go to the doctor and ask for special medicine (thank you to whoever invented the birth control pill, you have helped me out yet again). She seemed to be happy with that answer but then moved on to getting married. Do I have to get married? she asked. I said no, you don't have to. She said good, she doesn't want to get married either. So apparently at the ripe ol' age of 5 she has decided that she is not getting married or having any kids. Only time will tell...hopefully a lot of time!

Tuesday on the way home Vi and I were talking about school. She said she doesn't like it and doesn't want to go back because she doesn't like doing jobs (everyday they have to complete 3 jobs which are usually worksheets or projects). I said just wait until you grow up and have to go to work. She proceeded to tell me she will not have to work because she is not going to have any kids so she won't need any money. She said she was going to be a teacher. Wow, I thought, that is really nice. She then went on to say she wanted to be a teacher so she can make other kids do boring jobs. Yes, that is right...if she has to do boring jobs she is going to make sure others will suffer too...

No comments: