Monday, April 13, 2009

Egg Coloring 2009

Last Sunday we colored eggs. Vi and I went to Safeway (my favorite grocery store) to get all the essentials. If you can believe it they did not have the infamous PAAS egg dye. We must have walked around the store for an hour (and because of this I kept putting more and more food into the cart...hmmm, conspiracy?!). Finally I thought maybe we should jsut use food coloring. So we went to the baking aisle (I needed a map as I never go down the baking aisle) and added food coloring and vinegar to the cart. We got home and strted teh process...hard boiling the eggs and then letting them cool. The neat thing about the food coloring is that on the back they give directions on how to make a ton of colors (6 drops of this and 2 drops of that). Well, I must say they were the coolest eggs ever! I will forever dye eggs using the old fashioned food coloring. The eggs were so vibrant.


No comments: